Tuesday 8 October 2013

So hey. Today was release day for House of Hades, Rick Riordan's latest in his demi-god series. My son has been counting down the days so I went to my very cool local bookstore to pick it up for him. Dude in the store was not into YA books, he had to look the book up! Eventually he pulls it out of the shipping box and I race across town. Well, I live in Toronto so you can't actually race anywhere if you are in a motor vehicle. I make it just in time for school lunch hour and my son and a friend come tearing over to get the book. The boys in his class(grade 7)were all jealous that he got a book for lunch. Now how cool is that?
"I'm almost finished," he just said sadly. "I guess I'll read it another 4 or 5 times and then I'll have to wait another year!"The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)

No comments:

Post a Comment